Microblading is a semi permanent tattooing technique for eyebrows to create natural "hairlike" strokes to fill in spareness or lack of brows. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles that form a blade. Each stroke is gently etched in the skin with the blade that manually implants color pigment beneath the surface of the skin to produce the appearance of hair strokes. This technique gives the brow an incredibly natural and realistic look. We're excited to be able to offer microblading at Nice Tattoo via Kait Paige.
Touch up $125
Microfeathering (partial brow) $199
Touch up $75
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi permanent tattooing technique for eyebrows to create natural "hairlike" strokes to fill in spareness or lack of brows. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles that form a blade. Each stroke is gently etched in the skin with the blade that manually implants color pigment beneath the surface of the skin to produce the appearance of hair strokes.This technique gives the brow an incredibly natural and realistic look.
What is Microfeathering?
Microfeathing is a technique that Kait does for clients that don't need or want their entire eyebrow done. If you have a gap or sparseness on a certain part of the eyebrow (ex front of Brow, end of Brow) Kait matches it to your exact Brow shade and like microblading uses tiny incision into the Brow, using the already natural brow hairs as a starting base and filling in where it's needed.
This is for clients that want to lightly fill out the brows they already have.
Does Microblading hurt? How will I feel?
Every client is properly numbed for about 35 minutes beforehand. After being properly numbed, it should feel like a brow tweeze.
How long is the appointment?
Microblading is a two time process, and it is usually done 6-8 weeks apart. The first appointment is a consultation where we discuss your ideal shape, draw the outline of the brow and choose a brow shade. The client is then numbed and the treatment is done that day. The entire process takes approximately 2 hours.
The touch up is done 6-8 weeks later and no later than 10 weeks. This takes approximately 1.5 hours.
*Occasionally a third touch up is required for certain clients when the pigment doesn't take to the skin( ex: previous tattoo, oily skin, sunbathers.)
How long will it last?
The pigment in Microblading is semi permanent and will last 8 months to a year. In order to keep your brows looking fresh a touch up is recommended every year. However certain factors can cause the brow to fade faster:
- Oily skin(the production of oil makes the tattoo fade faster)
- Iron deficiency /Anemia
- Topicals on area (Ex: Retin-A, glycolic, Retinol)
What is the healing process like?
The Brow will have some redness and minimal swelling right after treatment. This subsides in a few hours. Every client is given an after care guide and post ointment to put on brow for 24hrs. The eyebrow then appears darker within the first few days. Some flaking or minimal scabs form (never pick the scabs and allow them to heal on their own). When scabs fade so does some of the pigment. When it is completely healed 5-6 weeks later is when you see the visible pigment. This is why the touch up is done after to add more dimension, go darker if desired and perfect that eyebrow!
Does microblading work well with everyone?
Most people can have the treatment done, however there are certain contraindications that do not qualify the person as a microblading candidate:
- Under 18 years of age
- Accutane(must be off for a year)
- Skin Conditions near eyebrows ( ezcema,shingles,rashes)
- Dark pre existing tattoo on eyebrows.
- Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Transmittable blood diseases (ex: HIV, Hepatitis)
- Diabetic(requires doctors note)
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
What is the aftercare? What should I avoid doing?
- A&D ointment is applied to the client immediately after treatment. A packet of the ointment is given to the client to take with them and is to be applied every hour for 24hrs following treatment.
- Vitamin E oil is recommended for the area several times a day for the first 10 days.
- NO water on Brow for 14 days. You can shower and wash face but make sure to avoid Brow area and clean around it.
- NO swimming, tanning, saunas and jacuzzis for 14 days
- NO make up on Brow area for a minimum of 10 days, microblading is an open wound and make up will interfere with healing and may cause an infection
- NO picking or peeling scabs
- NO threading, tinting, bleaching, wax, dyeing on Brow for a month after treatment
- NO acne medication, skin lighteners, anti aging products, chemical peel and face scrubs on Brow area while healing
What is the long term care?
- The eyebrows will lighten overtime and this is why a yearly touch up is recommended. Fading depends on the life style of the person. Sun exposure and smoking can lead to the eyebrow fading faster.
- Sunscreen is recommended on area all year round to prevent brows from fading.
- Chemical peels and laser treatments can be done but it recommended to tell your doctor/esthetician/nurse to avoid eyebrow area and state you have had a cosmetic tattoo. Laser can cause pigment to turn black.
When can I make an appointment? Can I just walk in?
What should I not do before my appointment?
- Alcohol should be avoided for 24 hrs before appointment.
- Limit caffeine intake before appointment.
- If you wax, thread or tint your brows, please do it at least 3 days before appointment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications 48hrs before appointment ( ex: aspirin, niacin, ibuprofen, fish oil, and vitamin E)
- Avoid tanning beds and sun exposure, sun burned clients will be rescheduled
- Botox should be avoided 2 weeks prior and it is recommended to have Botox done after touch up treatment.
- If you've been on prescription accutane, you must wait one year to have microblading done. Doxycycline is recommended to wait 6 months.